1 plain yogurt
2 measures of sugar
3 measures of flour + 2 tablespoons
1 packet of yeast
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Lemon zest or a teaspoon of vanilla essence
1. To start with the zebra cake, preheat the oven to 180º and grease a round mold.
2. In a bowl, we put the eggs together with the sugar, yogurt, oil and lemon zest or vanilla essence and beat well.
3. Next, we sift the flour and yeast over the mixture, and integrate well with smooth movements, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
4. Divide the mixture into two equal parts: to one of them we add the three tablespoons of cocoa powder and to the other the 2 tablespoons of flour so that they have the same consistency, somewhat denser than traditional biscuits, and beat to integrate all good.
5. To pour the mixture into the mold, we must go taking tablespoons of each mass. First we put a tablespoon of white dough in the bottom of the mold, forming a circle, and then we add a tablespoon of chocolate dough on the circle of white dough. So on until finishing with all the mass forming like a target.
6. We’ve been in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. We check that it is well done by poking a toothpick into the zebra cake and seeing if it comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.