Vanilla Bundt Cake from Scratch
Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/ 3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºF). Spray a bundt cake pan with a non-stick baking spray with flour ( or use melted shortening and flour). Don’t use oil as it may cause your cake to stick to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract. Keep aside.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth. Then, add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl if needed.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Then, add ⅓ of your flour mixture and ⅓ of your wet ingredients. Mix just until combined. Repeat the process two more times. Don’t overmix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the deepest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the pan, allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack. Decorate when it is completely cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting without Butter
- In a medium bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. If the frosting is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream and beat until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a 2A Wilton tip ( or with no tip attached). Decorate the cake.
- Store the cake ( covered) in the fridge for up to 5 days.
search in search bar for your favorite recipes