1 box of extra moist strawberry cake mix
8 oz block of cream cheese softened at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-½ cups light pink candy melts
½ cup white candy melts
Crumbled shortcake for garnishing
- Prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl blend the cake mix, cream cheese, and vanilla. Mix for 2-3 minutes until fully combined. It will be very crumbly at first. Your mixture will turn pink when done.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop the cake mixture and roll into 1 – 1-½ inch balls. Use the palms of your hands to smooth and round each ball. Do this until the mixture is completely used.
- Place each ball on the sheet of parchment paper and place inside the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- About 5-10 minutes before the chilling time is complete, begin to prepare the candy melts by adding the pink wafers to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on 50% power or defrost mode for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the candy melts are silky smooth. See notes for additional tips.
- Using two forks or dipping tools, dip each ball into the pink melted candy, covering it completely.
- Place on parchment paper and repeat the process for all of the truffles before returning to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Near the end of the chill time, prepare the white candy melts. Add them to a microwave safe bowl, repeating the instructions from step 6 until they are silky smooth.
- Add the melted candy to a piping bag with a small, round attachment and drizzle lines across the top of each truffle, moving the bag back and forth. Do one at a time, topping with shortcake crumbs immediately.
- Repeat the process for each truffle before placing back in the refrigerator to chill for a final 30 minutes before serving.
search in search bar for your favorite recipes