Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
1 450g packet sausage meat
I packet ready to roll puff pastry ( frozen or chilled )
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 – 1tsp cumin
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp tomato puree
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease a tin or line it with parchment paper. Crack the egg in a bowl and whisk lightly for about 10 seconds with a fork.
2. Remove all of the sausage meat from the casing. Put it in a bowl and add all the spices and herbs. Combine together really well. Unroll the puff pastry. Cut in half lengthways.
3. Lay the sausage meat mixture down the centre of the pastry. Brush the edges with egg wash.
4. Roll them up into one long line. Make sure the join in the pastry is on the underneath.
5. Brush really well with egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Cut them into individual sausage rolls. Place on the oven tray.
6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp. ( the bigger you cut each one the longer they will need in the oven – usually cut each strip into 8 sausage rolls. )
7. Serve warm with ketchup.