- 1 Ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chopped
- 1/2 Ounce Milk Chocolate Chopped
- 12 Ounces Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Red Food Colorin
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
. Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
. Combine the semisweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50 percent power until melted, about 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
. In the bowl of a stand-up mixer mix the melted butter, sour cream, eggs, vinegar, vanilla and food coloring just until combined.
. In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in four equal batches, mixing each batch completely before adding the next. Stir in the melted chocolate.
. Scoop batter, using a medium cookie scoop (I leveled the scoop off), onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies spring back when lightly pressed, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the filling:
Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract.
. Sandwich a heaping tablespoonful of filling between 2 cookies; repeat with the remaining cookies and filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Note: These obviously need to be stored in the fridge because of the cream cheese. I thought they tasted significantly better as they came to room temp.