Pumpkin Pineapple Cake: A Delicious Fusion of Fall and Tropical Flavors
As the autumn season approaches, pumpkin flavors become a staple in the kitchen. But why settle for the traditional pumpkin pie when you can mix things up with a Pumpkin Pineapple Cake? This unique recipe combines the warm and comforting flavors of pumpkin with the sweet and juicy taste of pineapple for a delicious fusion of fall and tropical flavors.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple and chopped pecans (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Pumpkin Pineapple Cake is a delightful twist on traditional pumpkin desserts and is sure to be a hit with family and friends. The combination of pumpkin and pineapple creates a moist and flavorful cake that is perfect for any fall occasion. Serve it as a dessert or as a sweet treat for breakfast. Either way, this cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and bring a smile to your face.
Try this Pumpkin Pineapple Cake recipe today and discover a new twist on a classic fall flavor. Happy baking!