2 1/2 cups flour (I use a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour)
2 cups white sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups peeled cored and chopped apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2-9″ bread pans and/or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, and oil.
4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
5. Gently fold in chopped apples and pour evenly into two 9″ bread pans.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.