MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS 🍩
This might actually become a thing in my home. Baked doughnuts require either a doughnut baking tray or a doughnut maker. I have both, the baking tray doughnuts are bigger than the doughnut-maker but the doughnut-maker makes doughnuts faster. The recipe works for both. Cinnamon-Sugar instructions below.
200g Cake Flour
125g White Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
50g Melted Butter
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Large Egg
1. Oven: Preheat oven to 180 C and prepare doughnut pans by spraying with non-stick spray. Doughnut maker: Preheat doughnut-maker for 5 minutes prior to baking doughnuts.
2. In a large bowl, add the cake flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients together using a whisk.
3. Add milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and the egg to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined. The batter should be thick and smooth.
4. Add batter to doughnut pans or doughnut maker and bake for either 15 minutes in the oven or 3 minutes in the doughnut maker. Doughnut should be golden brown.
5. Allow to cool before decorating.
6. For Cinnamon-Sugar coating: Mix together ½ Cup of White Sugar with ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon, and add the cinnamon mixture to a bowl. To a second bowl, melt 50g Butter. Dip doughnut in the butter then into the Cinnamon-Sugar, then allow to dry.