1 Cup Warm Milk 250 ml
1 Whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tsp instant Yeast
3 Cups all purpose flour 375 grams
55 Grams unsalted butter at room
1 Tsp salt
oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, add milk, egg and egg yolk, sugar and yeast. Mix well.
2. Add flour and mix with a spatula until incorporated.Let it rest covered for 15. minutes.
3. Add Soft butter and salt and knead until butter gets dissolved completely into the dough.
4. transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 15 minutes until smooth and elastic. I did it by a slap and fold method. Check the video to see how.
5. Place in a well oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
6. Punch it down knead for a minute and divide the dough into two.
7. Roll into an 9 inches in diameter.
8. Cut into triangles or rounds.
9. let it rise covered for 25 minutes.
10. Fry it in medium low heat on both sides.
11. Poke hole with a skewer on doughnuts. Dip it in sugar.
12. Once cooled, pipe Nutella into it and serve. It is best to serve this the same day you fry them. it tends to get a little hard the next day.