- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 24 ounces (680 g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
For Bourbon Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream (or thickened cream)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (or icing sugar)
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 grams) milk or semi sweet block chocolate, at room temperature
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or non stick spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos to form fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse to incorporate. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the base with a glass jar or using your fingertips and knuckles in a fist. Set base aside in the refrigerator while making your cheesecake batter.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar/s, flour, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs and pumpkin puree until smooth and well combined. Pour the pumpkin batter into the crust.
- Bake the cheesecake until set around the edges, and the centre has a slight wobble to it, (about 50 to 55 minutes). Allow the cheesecake cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate until chilled. (At least 4 hours or overnight.)
Bourbon Whipped Cream Topping:
- Just before serving, beat cream with sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add bourbon and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Chocolate Curls and Shavings
- Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the blade lengthwise across the chocolate to create delicate curls and shavings. Top the cheesecake immediately before they begin to melt (refrigerate before using if you need too).
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 4905IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2.9mg