70ml plant-based milk
130g myvegan chocolate protein powder (AFF – use code JESSM for 37% off)
200g plain flour
50g ground almonds
30g cacao powder
70g coconut sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 ripe bananas
60g dark chocolate
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan / 350°F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the protein powder, flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, bicarb, baking powder and sea salt until there are no lumps. Set aside. In a separate bowl, peel and mash the bananas until creamy, then add the milk and coconut oil, mix together. Set aside.
3. Pour the wet
ingredients into the dry and gently mix until a batter forms, being careful not to overmix. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix until a batter forms, being careful not to overmix. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
5. Put the loaf tin into the oven and bake for
6. 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
7. Place the dark chocolate into a small pan over a low heat and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and pour over the banana loaf.