- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz (100 g) dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70%)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar or white granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon powdered/confectioners or icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a 6-hole muffin tin (or 6 small ramekins) with butter or cooking oil spray; wipe excess over with a paper towel and set aside.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Cook while stirring until melted and smooth.ALTERNATIVELY: Combine butter and chocolate in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl; melt in 30 second increments stirring between each until chocolate and butter are melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat (or microwave); stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour to the chocolate mixture in the pan; whisk until combined. Whisk one egg into the mixture at a time until a smooth chocolate batter is formed..
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tray (or ramekins) until full. Add 1 marshmallow into each mould and press them down (they will float up slightly but sink while baking).
- Place muffin tray onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges have set but the centre of each cake is a little soft. Allow to cool in the muffin tray for 5 minutes.
- Using a knife, gently pull cake away from the sides of the tray before turning out onto a baking tray lined with parchment/baking paper. Lift each cake onto a serving plate with a wide spatula while still warm and gooey (or they will stick to the tray if left for too long).
- To serve, dust with powdered/icing sugar.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2.5mg