8 eggs (separate them into whites and yolks)
60g low-gluten flour (preferably)
60g of corn flour (corn starch)
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
70g of corn oil
140g of dark chocolate chips
100g of fresh milk
4g lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
110g of sugar
1. PART I: In a bowl mix the low-gluten flour, cornmeal, cocoa powder and cornstarch. To avoid lumps, I recommend sifting these ingredients together.
2. Heat the corn oil in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes, reaching approximately 90°C (You could use other lighter oils such as canola oil if you wish). Pour the oil into the mixture of dry ingredients from the previous step and mix them well with the help of a whisk.
3. Add 20g dark chocolate chips and mix gently until the chocolate is completely melted (this may take 2-3 minutes). If the chips are too large, you may need to pre-chop them.
4. Immediately add 40g of the fresh milk and mix well. Add the yolks of the 8 eggs and mix well.
5. Now we are going to finish adding the rest of the milk little by little (until we complete the 100g in total), taking into account that it is absorbed by the dough.
6. PART II: You will need to mount the egg whites, to do this, in a tall bowl, place the egg whites and add 4g of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Beat them and add the sugar little by little, in 3 parts. Continue beating until you reach snow point.
7. Now add the beaten egg whites to the mixture obtained in PART I. For this you must divide the egg whites and add them in 3 times while integrating them into the dough with a spatula and gentle enveloping movements. When the mixture is homogeneous, add 100g of chocolate chips and mix well.
8. To bake we will use an 8-inch square pan. We must cover it with baking paper, holding the corners with some hooks. Pour the mixture into the mold and add more chocolate chips on the surface, about 20g.
9. Baking will be in a bain-marie, for which you must add water at 70°C in a tray under the mold. Bake at 155 °C for about 65 minutes. Don’t forget to preheat the oven.
10. Finally, let the cake cool, remove the paper and enjoy.