• 120ml (½ cup) lukewarm water;
• 12g (1 ½ tbsp) fresh yeast;
• 400g (3 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour;
• 100g (½ cup) sugar;
• 30g (2 tbsp) butter, melted;
• 60ml (¼ cup) lukewarm milk;
• 1 egg;
• 7g (1 tbsp) cocoa powder;
• 15ml (1 tbsp) milk;
• Hazelnut cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Make a well in the bowl of flour and crumble fresh yeast into it. Pour in milk, butter, egg, sugar, and warm water. Mix to dissolve the yeast.
3. Combine liquids with four and work the mixture with your hands until the dough comes together. Knead until smooth and elastic, then divide in half.
4. Mix half of the dough with cocoa and 15 ml of milk.
5. Form both doughs in a ball cover and set aside for 1 hour.
6. Roll out both chocolate and white dough into a rectangle. Layer one sheet of dough on top of another and press down slightly. Cut the dough into triangles and roll it into croissants. Place each roll on a parchment-covered baking sheet and brush with milk.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, let cool down, and then stuff with hazelnut paste.
8. Enjoy your Bicolor croissants.