- 1/2 cup (2.2 oz/60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (7 oz/205 g) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (3.5oz/130g) all purpose or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar (for coating)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper). Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
- Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners’ sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies). The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
This recipe can be doubled for more cookies, with the same baking time.88 calories each for smaller cookies. 146 calories each for larger cookies.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 65mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.7mg