EGGLESS PINEAPPLE PASTRY
1½ cup All-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Baking powder
¼ teaspoon Baking soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ cup Oil
¾ cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Pineapple essence
1 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Vinegar
2 cups Homemade Whipped cream
¼ cup Pineapple Juice (to pour on the cake sheets)
Cherries to decorate
US Customary – Metric
BAKE THE CAKE
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
• Combine sugar and oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add pineapple essence.
• Add the dry ingredient first then alternate it with milk+vinegar mixture. Mix until just combined, do not over mix the batter.
• Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. While the batter is getting ready, coat a 9×13″ baking sheet/tray with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and grease again.