EASY CHOC LOAF CAKE WITH CHOC CARAMEL GLAZE
✅ 2 cups self-raising flour
✅ 1 1/4 cups sugar (I used half white, half brown sugar)
✅ 1/2 cup cocoa powder
✅ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
✅ 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
✅ 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
optional: chocolate chips to stir in
✅ 100g dairy-free chocolate
✅ 1 tablespoon peanut butter
✅ 2 tablespoons caramel sauce ( can make one by mixing 1:1 nut butter to maple syrup)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 350 degrees F, fan-forced. Prepare a loaf tin with non-stick paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cake until no dry lumps remain. *Optional stir in chocolate chips.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared tin
4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean
5. Allow the loaf to cool before glazing
6. Glazing: in a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter & caramel sauce until smooth. Melt the chocolate and pour this over the loaf.
Then drizzle the caramel sauce over the loaf. Use a knife to draw some ripples before the chocolate sets
Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 7days