Pink Birthday Cake Recipe
Ingredients for the cake:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups + 2 tbs all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup whole milk
Frosting and toppings:
1 16 oz container of rich and creamy cherry frosting
1 16 oz container of creamy white frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two 6.5 inch cake tins with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add in the egg whites and mix until smooth.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and whole milk into the wet and mix until a batter forms.
4. Lightly grease the cake pans with cooking spray and pour the batter evenly between the pans. Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely before removing from the tins.
1. Cut the rounded tops off the cakes to make a flat surface for the frosting. Place one cake onto a small cake board and cover with a layer of pink frosting. Top it with the other cake.
2. Using an offset spatula, cover the cake with the rest of the pink frosting. Pipe a border around the cake with white frosting and top with rainbow sprinkles. Write “happy birthday” in the middle and that’s it!!! Enjoy this mini cake 🙂