chocolate & raspberry tart
90g raw almonds
60g rolled oats (sub. buckwheat groats or buckwheat flour)
50g coconut sugar
20g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp pink salt
40g melted coconut oil
Raspberry Cheesecake Filling:
150g raw cashews (soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed)
125g fresh raspberries (if you use frozen, defrost before using)
50g melted raw cacao butter
5-7 Tbsp. (70-100ml) maple syrup (depends on how sweet your raspberries are)
2 Tbsp. coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
1/4cup(60ml) lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla paste
3/4 tsp pitaya powder (for colour, optional)
pinch of pink salt
* Use room temperature ingredients so that the layers stay soft, silky and spread evenly when you pour it in
White Chocolate layer
150g vegan white chocolate, melted
50ml coconut cream or full fat coconut milk, warmed
40g desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 160⁰C. Place every dry ingredient for the crust in a food processor. Process well until it reaches the consistency of flour.
2. Add melted coconut oil into the food processor and process until it becomes like wet sand.
3. Press the mixture against the sides and the bottom of the tart tin. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes or until baked through. After it has cooled down, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Put every ingredient for the raspberry layer in a high-speed blender and blend well. Layer it over the crust and freeze it until set.
5. Put every ingredient for the white chocolate layer in a high-speed blender and blend well. Layer it over the raspberry layer.
6. Put it in the freezer overnight. Take out from the tin and cut with a warm knife