Chocolate Ganache Drip
Chocolate Drip Recipe
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (85g)
1/3 cup heavy cream (80ml)
• Place 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
• Heat 1/3 cup of heavy cream in a heatproof bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until gently bubbling.
• If you don’t have a microwave or prefer to use the stove top, you can heat the cream over a medium heat in a pan until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
• Gently pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips, making sure they are covered with cream. Allow the mixture to sit for 1-2 minutes.
• Stir slowly until the cream and chocolate are fully combined, and the ganache is silky smooth. Pour into a plastic squirt bottle to easily add drips to a cake. If you don’t have any plastic bottles on hand, you can also use a spoon to drizzle it over cakes.
• Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is just slightly warm to the touch.
• Make a test drip on the back of the cake to check the consistency of your ganache. If the test drip seems too thick, try heating up the ganache for 5-10 additional seconds in the microwave. If the mixture seems too thin, allow it to cool a bit longer, then try another test drip.
• Once the test drip looks how you want it to, add the ganache around the sides of the cake and top of the cake if desired. The drips should set on the cold cake, but you can also pop the cake in the freezer to help lock the drips in place.