Homemade silce cake
All purpose flour 120 gms
Caster Sugar 120 gms
Salt 1 tsp
Vanilla 1 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 tsp
Flavorless oil 30 ml
Full Fat Milk 40 ml
Egg Whites,free range 4 nos
Egg Yolks,free range 4 nos
Candied Peel 1 cups
• 01 Preheat the oven at 140 degree celsius.
• 02 Line one 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• 03 In a stand mixer or hand blender beat the egg whites at low speed. Add in the lemon juice to stabilize the whites.
• 04 Gradually add the sugar and beat them until stiff peaks are formed.
• 05 Add the yolks to the whites and fold them gently using a spatula without deflating.
• 06 Sieve salt and flour together atleast twice. Add this sieved mixture to the whites , yolks and fold them gently applying the cut fold method.
• 07 Combine milk , oil ,vanilla, candied peel and fold until completely blended.
• 08 Now pour the batter into parchment lined baking tray of 8 inch.
• 09 Pat the tray to release any air bubbles.
• 10 Bake this in the preheated oven for 45 minutes at 140-degree celsius later increase to 160 degrees celsius and bake further for 5 more minutes.
• 11 Later cool and slice according to preference.
• 12 Yummy slice cake, a favourite of any kid is ready to be enjoyed.