Fluffy Glazed Doughnuts
• 2 packs instant yeast or (4 ½ teaspoons) yeast
• ⅓ cup lukewarm water
• 1 ½ cup milk (whole milk or low fat milk)
• ½ cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 Large eggs
• ⅓ cup (75 grams) butter or shortening , soften
• 5 cups all-purpose flour
• Cooking oil for frying
• ½ cup butter melted
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoon vanilla
• 5-7 tablespoons evaporated milk
1. In a standing mixer, combine lukewarm water and yeast. Let it sit until dissolve for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a microwave safe medium bowl, heat milk for about 2 minutes. Remove and let it cool.
3. Add, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening or butter and 2 cups of flour to bowl of yeast.
4. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and continue mixing dough. Scraping down sides.
5. Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover loosely with a clean clothe and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1 to 2 hours or until doubled.
6. Roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into doughnuts using a donut cutter or cookie cutter. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
7. In a large sauce pan, pour cooking oil until it is at least 3 inches (or about 5 centimeters) high and place on medium heat until oil is 375 degrees.
8. Carefully drop doughnuts into hot oil, only a few at a time. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on prepared paper towels.
1. In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
2. Remove and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until everything comes together
3. Then evaporated milk (or sub water) until you have reached desired consistency
4. Dip doughnuts in glaze and let it drip on the rack.