Fluffy Castella Sponge Cake
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
85 g sugar
80 ml of vegetable oil
90 g cake flour/sponge flour
70 ml of milk
1/4 tsp salt
1. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then add sugar.
Keep beating until still peak formed.
2. Heat the oil in a microwave for 90 seconds on
high, or you can heat the oil on the stove for one
minute. Add in flour and salt, mix well. Add in egg yolks and milk, mix until smooth.
3. Add meringue bit by bit into the batter, fold it
4. Pour the batter into a lined baking tin, bang the cake tin for few times to release the air bubbles.
Put the cake tin in a larger baking sheet, then pour hot water into it to make a water bath.
5. Pop into a preheated oven at 150C, bake for about
an hour or until fully cooked.
6.Once it cooked, bang the cake tin a few times, this
can prevent the cake from shrinking. Let it cool
completely then slice it.